When you choose a PONANT ‘Expedition’ cruise, you are choosing comfort, refinement and discovery. Irrespective of the destination, from the icy poles to the great Amazonian rivers, the remote lagoons of the Pacific or the jungle of Borneo, PONANT takes you off the beaten track, as close as possible to nature and far from maritime route.
A 5-Star Expedition with PONANT means:
- More than 15 years of expertise in the Polar Regions.
- A fleet of 4 luxury yachts designed for extreme regions whose smaller size allows them to bring guests ashore at the most exceptional sites which other ships are unable to reach.
- Expedition itineraries characterised by flexibility at all times: Our Captains and Expedition Leaders can make unscheduled stops to let guest enjoy the surprises of nature.
- Itineraries are renewed and updated each year.
- Expedition teams made up of enthusiastic experts and scientists.
- Constant respect for the environment, from the design of our yachts to our shore visits
- And always the quality, service and comfort on which PONANT has built its reputation, regardless of the destination.
Discover all our expedition cruises here.
Your encountersSailing to remote and seldom visited destinations allows you to experience spectacular landscapes, pristine beaches and unspoilt wildernesses found nowhere else on earth. It also provides opportunities to discover the ancient customs of many tribes and ethnic groups that continue their rituals on the land of their forefathers. Whether they are Warao, Papuan, Māori, Zulu or Emberá people, you will gain an understanding of their tradition and cultures. During visits to their villages, take time to interact with these warm and friendly people, ensuring rewarding encounters and priceless memories.
Shore visits in a zodiac®Each day, shore visits in a Zodiac® are organised to take you as close as possible to the fauna and flora of the regions visited. Our Zodiac® are designed to accommodate small groups of 10 passengers. They are easy to step on to from the marina platform at the rear of your ship and they enable fast and safe landings. Our Zodiac® excursions are one-of-a-kind, unforgettable experiences, whether you are landing on a deserted beach in the Maluku islands, observing a colony of seals on the pack ice, or discovering the mangroves of Australia or the magical Arctic glaciers.
Your expedition team
Travelling with renowned anthropologists, marine biologists, historians, botanists, geologists, naturalists and ornithologists, enables you to gain a greater understanding and appreciation of the destinations to create a rewarding and memorable experience. Your Expedition team have been selected for their knowledge and expertise to enhance your experience both on board and in the field, providing fascinating lectures and valuable insight into the culture, history and wildlife of the region. Accompanying you throughout your voyage they are ideal companions for your journey of discovery.
An expedition in refined 5* comfortWhichever voyage you choose, you will always find the same exceptional conditions of comfort, service and elegance that have forged PONANT’s reputation. Our sister ships have all beenawarded Class Comfort 1 certification, allowing them to navigate in the most extreme regions, whilst at the same time offering five-star service and comfort. Aboard you will enjoy a warm atmosphere, a subtle blend of refinement and authenticity. A certain idea of luxury, a different way of travelling...