Ocean Voyage : Lisbon - Montevideo
Staterooms & Suites
There are no cabins available for booking. Please contact our cruise advisors.
Fourth ship in this superb series loyal to the PONANT spirit, Le Lyrial like her sisterships embodies the subtle alliance between luxury, intimacy and wellbeing which is PONANT’s signature. The elegance of her exterior and interior lines and her intimate size (only 122 staterooms and suites) make this a rare and innovative yacht on the cruise market.
We have been inspired by the destinations we visit and decided to create a subtle variation around a palette of blues. Ranging from the luminous delicate grey-blue of the Polar ice to splashes of the vivid turquoise blue found in Mediterranean coves, it also includes the blue light of the future pole star.
Port of call & excursions
LisbonEmabarkation 02/11/2016 from 10H00 to 11H00 . Departure 02/11/2016 at 12H00 .
Portugal’s capital city located on the banks of the Tagus, only a few kilometres from the Atlantic coast, is a city of exceptionally rich cultural diversity. At the mouth of the river harbour, impose two UNESCO World Heritage monuments, Jeronimos monastery and Belem tower. Sample the local delicacies such as the pasteis de nata—delicious creamy bakery flans. On the Alfama hillside, as you explore the Moorish streets, you may well hear sounds of fado drifting from the bars. Along Chiado’s elegant streets, big fashion labels will entice in you for a bit of luxury shopping.
3 November 2016 - At seaArrival 03/11/2016 at 00H00 . Departure 03/11/2016 at 00H00 .
4 November 2016 - At seaArrival 04/11/2016 at 00H00 . Departure 04/11/2016 at 00H00 .
5 November 2016 - At seaArrival 05/11/2016 at 00H00 . Departure 05/11/2016 at 00H00 .
6 November 2016 - At seaArrival 06/11/2016 at 00H00 . Departure 06/11/2016 at 00H00 .
7 November 2016 - At seaArrival 07/11/2016 at 00H00 . Departure 07/11/2016 at 00H00 .
8 November 2016 - At seaArrival 08/11/2016 at 00H00 . Departure 08/11/2016 at 00H00 .
9 November 2016 - At seaArrival 09/11/2016 at 00H00 . Departure 09/11/2016 at 00H00 .
10 November 2016 - At seaArrival 10/11/2016 at 00H00 . Departure 10/11/2016 at 00H00 .
11 November 2016 - At seaArrival 11/11/2016 at 00H00 . Departure 11/11/2016 at 00H00 .
12 November 2016 - At seaArrival 12/11/2016 at 00H00 . Departure 12/11/2016 at 00H00 .
13 November 2016 - At seaArrival 13/11/2016 at 00H00 . Departure 13/11/2016 at 00H00 .
14 November 2016 - At seaArrival 14/11/2016 at 00H00 . Departure 14/11/2016 at 00H00 .
15 November 2016 - At seaArrival 15/11/2016 at 00H00 . Departure 15/11/2016 at 00H00 .
16 November 2016 - At seaArrival 16/11/2016 at 00H00 . Departure 16/11/2016 at 00H00 .
17 November 2016 - At seaArrival 17/11/2016 at 00H00 . Departure 17/11/2016 at 00H00 .
18 November 2016 - At seaArrival 18/11/2016 at 00H00 . Departure 18/11/2016 at 00H00 .
MontevideoDisembarkation 19/11/2016 at 00H00 .
Perched on the far southern tip of Uruguay , Montevideo is a white city, and one of the loveliest capital cities of South America. Come and admire the beautiful historical remains dating from Spanish rule; you’ll find the most interesting within the Cuidad Vieja, formerly fortified, its old town dates from the 18th century. The best preserved are the cathedral and the former governmental palace of the Cabildo, both listed historical monuments. In the crook of a vast blue bay, the city is also blessed with beautiful beaches.
We remind you that all our ships, with the exception of Le Ponant, have a doctor on board and medical facilities. However, these cannot, under any circumstances, be compared to any medical structure on land. Given the remote areas in which we will be sailing for a number of days, safety requirements mean that we are obliged to ask each passenger signing up for this program to provide us, no more than 45 days before departure, with a medical certificate from their GP, as well as the completed medical questionnaire received during registration.
The information below is current but subject to change at any time without advance notice from government authorities. Please consult your respective government agencies for visa and health information.
Passport valid for at least six (6) months beyond the completion of your trip. Passport must contain at least two completely clear, blank, unused visa pages for each visa required, not including any amendment pages. Visa pages with stains or ink from other pages in the passport are not usable. Guests who deviate from the scheduled embarkation or disembarkation port should research the foreign entry requirements for the port country. Due to government regulations, regrettably, Ponant will have to deny boarding to any guest who fails to obtain the appropriate travel documentation for this trip.
Rear-Admiral (R) François Bellec directed the National Maritime Museum of Paris from 1980 ti 1998. He was active as President, Trustee or expert in maritime heritage an maritime history in many foundations, societies and museums, world exhibitions, UNESCO projects, and international journeys. He has written extensively in the fields of Maritime exploration and history and he was a conttributor to the Oxford Encyclopedia of Maritime History. He is a member of the French and Portguese Marine Academies and Vice-Président of the Paris Société de Géographie.
Possibility of withdrawal in case of force majeure.
- During these voyages, we are offering you an entirely sea-based crossing, there are no ports of call (except possibly for technical reasons), nor any onboard entertainment, and no transfers provided. Likewise, the catering is less elaborate than for other cruises. Although no entertainment is organized, you are free to discover what life is like aboard our ships by spending time with the crew who will be happy to share their experiences with you.
- To facilitate embarkation, we suggest that you spend the night before departure in the city that your ship leaves from. Similarly, on the day of disembarkation we advise you to reserve a flight that leaves at the end of that day or the day after your arrival.
- All administrative information is given for information only. Regarding health regulations and advice, you need to contact your doctor.
- We remind you that all our ships, with the exception of Le Ponant, have a doctor on board and medical facilities. However, these cannot, under any circumstances, be compared to any medical structure on land. Given the remote areas in which we will be sailing for a number of days, safety requirements mean that we are obliged to ask each passenger signing up for this program to provide us, no more than 45 days before departure, with a medical certificate from their GP, as well as the completed medical questionnaire received during registration.
- These cruises depend on there being a minimum number of passengers. Your voyage will therefore be reconfirmed 45 days prior to your departure at the latest.