British Library terms and conditions
British Library terms and conditions
Competition Terms and Conditions
Please read the full terms and conditions before entering the competition to win an ALASKA cruise for two onboard L’Austral, courtesy of PONANT
1. The sole promoter of this prize draw is Compagnie du Ponant, company number 344 497 011, c/o LAFONTAINE PR, 11 GOLDEN SQUARE, LONDON W1F 9JB ("PONANT").
1. This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland aged 21 years or over, except for employees of PONANT, THE BRITISH LIBRARY, EWATERWAYSLTD, their families or anyone else associated with this competition. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor entrant (the ‘Entrant’) agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
2. The winner must provide PONANT with valid proof of identity, residency and age, matching the identity of the entrant, before any prize will be awarded. Valid travel documents (including a passport with minimum 6 months validity from date of return of the cruise) and which covers them for the period of travel are the sole responsibility of the winner.
3. Entrants must be able to travel during the dates specified in the prize.
4. In promoting the competition and without prejudice to the above, PONANT will ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
III/ HOW TO ENTER:
1. Entries must be submitted via https://en.ponant.com/british-library-competition/ and entry is restricted to one per person. Once submitted, entries cannot be amended in any way. To enter the competition an Entrant must answer the multiple choice question on and fill in the above online form OR submit a postal entry to: PONANT BRITISH LIBRARY COMPETITION // LAFONTAINE PR // 11 GOLDEN SQUARE, LONDON W1F 9JB.
2. Online entries will open on [04.05.2018] at [9am BST] and close on 15.08.2018 at 12pm [BST]. Postal entries will be accepted up to and including 15.08.2018.
Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries or entries sent through agencies and third parties will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of despatch will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
IV/ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNER:
1. The winner will be the first entry drawn at random on or about 1st September 2018 from all correct entries received by the closing date.
2. The winner will be announced on https://en.ponant.com/british-library-competition/ as soon as the winner has formally accepted the prize and this confirmation has been received by PONANT.
3. The winner name and county of residence can be obtained by sending a self-addressed envelope to: PONANT /British Library Competition Winner // Lafontaine PR // 11 Golden Square London W1F 9JB between the 1st September 2018 and 31st December 2018.
4. The winner will be notified by email and letter from PONANT, within 14 days of the closing date of the prize draw. Should PONANT be unable to contact the winner and receive the Winner’s confirmation receipt after 14 days from notification, or should the winner be unable to accept the prize, PONANT will re-draw, so as to award the prize to an alternative winner, in accordance with these terms and conditions (varied as required to reflect that the re-drawing of the alternative winner will be after the first draw).
5. No purchase is necessary
1. One winning Entrant will win a 14-night Alaska cruise called ‘In The Wake of Pioneers’ for two people sharing a cabin on board L’Austral, departing Nome on 15 September 2019, as described here: https://en.ponant.com/cruises/the-arctic-in-the-wake-of-pioneers-a150919-nv444-2
2. The prize is as described on the date of publication, being 04 May 2018.
3. The prize includes accommodation in a Superior Stateroom on a full-board basis, inclusive of port charges and government taxes. Any additional costs are wholly the responsibility of the prize winner.
4. A domestic flight from Seattle to Nome is part of the cruise programme and therefore offered to the winners as part of the prize.
5. The prize also includes return scheduled economy class flights for two people from London to Seattle and Vancouver to London, inclusive of airport taxes and 1 piece of hold luggage, courtesy of EWATERWAYS LTD.
6. The prize does not include an overnight stay in Seattle on 14 September 2019.
7. The prize does not include travel between the winner’s home and a London airport, nor does it include travel insurance, shore excursions, personal expenditure or incidental costs.
8. No prize alternatives or amendments will be offered.
9. It is the responsibility of the prize winner to ensure they have a valid passport and travel insurance and obtain any necessary vaccinations and visas for their trip.
10. The prize doesn’t include passport, visas and fees or insurances of any kind. Laundry, phone calls, beverages, items of a personal nature, optional excursions etc are not included in the prize. The prize does not cover costs and expenses, including the return to and from the ports, if you leave the cruise at your own volition, or due to illness, or as a consequence of official action by the government.
11. Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of PONANT and accordingly PONANT may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the Entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to PONANT as a result thereof.
12. The prize will not be replaced if lost or stolen, it is not redeemable for cash and is not transferable except at Prize Provider’s sole discretion. No substitutions allowed.
13. The Winner agrees to accept the prize ‘’as is’’ and Entrants hereby acknowledge that THE BRITISH LIBRARY and PONANT have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prizes.
14. All unspecified expenses associated with receipt and use of the prize are the winner’s sole responsibility.
15. PONANT and EWATERWAYS LTD cannot be responsible for unforeseen cancellation of flights or unforeseen cancellation of the cruise holiday due to circumstances beyond our control. PONANT and EWATERWAYS LTD reserve the right to substitute an alternative cruise of a similar value and alternative flights in order to join the ship, in the event of any unforeseen circumstances.
1. The winner and their guest may be required to participate in reasonable publicity on behalf of PONANT and THE BRITISH LIBRARY.
VII/ TERMS OF CARRIAGE:
1. The Winner will abide by the standard Terms of Carriage of all fee-paying passengers onboard a PONANT ship and no exception will be made under any circumstances whatsoever to the absolute discretion with which the Captain allows passengers to continue with their cruise in the event of any misconduct on their part, whether or not this has affected any other passengers or crew members or the safety of the ship itself.
VIII/ Data Protection:
Information collected in accordance with the French law n°78-16 of January 6th, 1978 relating to computing, files and liberties this data record has been registered with Compagnie du Ponant’s Data Protection Officer (Correspondant Informatique et Libertés). Under the provisions of the aforementioned law of January 6th, 1978, users are informed of their right of access to and modification of information provided about themselves. To exercise these rights, please write to: PONANT - Marketing - 408 avenue du Prado - 13008 Marseille.
Collection of data relating to this PONANT competition will comply with French Law n°78-16 until such time it is replaced by the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR) and any implementation laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time and any successor legislation to the French Law n°78-16 and GDPR, and such other binding rules relating to Personal Data which are applicable to the activities of the parties pursuant to these Terms and Conditions