* Subject to availability.
- A cruise in partnership with National Geographic Expeditions offering enrichment with a National Geographic Photographer and an Expert onboard.
- Outings and shore visits in Zodiac® inflatables with a team of experienced naturalist guides.
- UNESCO World Heritage Site: Cidade Velha, the historic centre of Ribeira Grande (island of Santiago).
- The city of Mindelo and its elegant buildings with British and Portuguese colonial influences.
- The sugar cane plantations and savannah on Fogo, the volcano island.
- The diversity of the fauna in the Bijagos: saltwater hippos, crocodiles, sea turtle, rays, sawfish, otters, manatees, dolphins, birds of prey, pelicans, large wading birds, snakes, gazelles, monkeys.
- Visit of traditional villages and encounters with the Bidyogo people who have ancestral traditions.
- The mangrove swamp, covering more than a third of the emerged part of the Bijagos archipelago.
Outbound flight included
- Staterooms & Suites
- LE DUMONT-D'URVILLE
- Port of call & excursions
- Cruise Package
- Important information
Staterooms & Suites
Deluxe Stateroom €9,190 Not Available Prestige Deck 4 €9,700 Not Available Prestige Deck 5 €9,970 Not Available Prestige Deck 6 €10,240 Not Available Deluxe Suite Deck 5 €13,550 Not Available Deluxe Suite Deck 3 €13,550 Not Available Deluxe Suite Deck 4 €13,550 Not Available Deluxe Suite Deck 6 €13,550 Not Available Prestige Deck 5 Suite €14,560 Not Available Prestige Deck 6 Suite €14,970 Not Available Privilege Suite Deck 6 €15,400 Not Available Privilege Suite Deck 5 €15,400 Not Available Grand Deluxe Suite Deck 6 €15,840 Not Available Grand Deluxe Suite Deck 5 €15,840 Not Available Owner's Suite €16,290 Not Available
There are no staterooms available for booking. Please contact our cruise advisors.
Featuring innovative and environmentally-friendly equipment, elegantly designed staterooms, spacious suites with large windows, and lounge areas that open onto the outside, this new limited-capacity yacht boasting just 92 staterooms and suites will offer you a truly unique cruising experience.
As the fourth ship in a new series that remains true to the Ponant spirit, Le Dumont d'Urville will embody the unique atmosphere that is the cruise line’s hallmark: a subtle blend of refinement, intimacy and comfort.
Aboard this ship that flies the French flag, you will experience the incomparable pleasure of an intimate cruise, with the possibility of exploring an ever-increasing range of destinations in an ethnic-chic ambiance with luxury service.
Experience a luxurious setting where the accent is on authenticity and passion for travel.
Port of call & excursions
The information below is current but subject to change at any time without advance notice from government authorities. Please consult your respective government agencies for visa and health information.
Warning about the use of drones: the use of drones aboard PONANT ships, whether they are sailing at sea, at a port of call or anchored, is strictly forbidden. The use of drones on land in the Arctic and Antarctic regions is also strictly forbidden by international polar regulations. In other regions, it may be possible to use drones on land if permission has been obtained from the relevant authorities of each country and each region travelled through, as well as a pilot’s licence that should be obtained from your home country. Passengers are responsible for obtaining these permits; they should be able to present them at all times. Passengers who do not obtain these authorisations expose themselves to the risk of legal proceedings.
Passport valid for at least six (6) months beyond the completion of your trip. Passport must contain at least two completely clear, blank, unused visa pages for each visa required, not including any amendment pages. Visa pages with stains or ink from other pages in the passport are not usable. Guests who deviate from the scheduled embarkation or disembarkation port should research the foreign entry requirements for the port country. Due to government regulations, regrettably, Ponant will have to deny boarding to any guest who fails to obtain the appropriate travel documentation for this trip.
Cabo Verde: Citizens of the European Union and United Kingdom must complete a pre-registration form by following the instructions detailed on www.ease.gov.cv. This formality is mandatory but free of charge and must be completed at least 7 days prior to your cruise. On the same platform you will have to pay the new airport security tax (3,400 Cape Verde Escudos/approximately 31 €). Passengers of other nationalities must proceed with the same formalities, however the pre-registration is not free of charge.
Guinea Bissau: visa delivered and charged onboard (85 € subject to change).
The yellow fever inoculation is not mandatory for this cruise. However, it is recommended that you contact your health professional for any specific medical advise relating to travel through these regions.
Discover the unique concept of PONANT tropical expedition cruises: explore the world’s extreme regions while enjoying luxurious comfort and service.
A luxury expedition voyage
Choosing a PONANT expedition cruise means choosing a state of mind: the alliance of elegance and authenticity, of exploration and comfort, of adventure and refinement… The comfort of your ship and your stateroom, personalised and attentive service, refined gastronomy: a very special atmosphere that we take great care to maintain. In the heart of the archipelagos of Oceania or the atolls of the Indian Ocean, along the wild coastlines of Central America or Australia, our luxurious services will ensure that your expedition cruise is an unforgettable experience.
PONANT, expedition cruise specialists
With almost 20 years of experience in the extreme regions, PONANT, the world’s number 1 polar cruise company, is also a real specialist in the planet’s most remote tropical regions. Our latest-generation fleet has the most modern technology to guarantee both your safety and respect for the regions visited. The size of our ships means we can get as close as possible to areas that are difficult to reach, offering a privileged access to preserved sites. Our flexibility enables us to adapt to the surprises inherent to these expedition itineraries.
Professional expedition teams, varied activities
After scouting missions in the field, our Expedition Leaders and their teams of naturalist guides design exceptional itineraries in the tropical regions. During the cruise, they organise daily outings and shore visits in Zodiac® dinghies so as to get as close to nature as possible. They can reserve local means of transport (dugout canoes, bush taxis, local buses, etc.) in order to reach essential sites for hiking (volcanoes, nature reserves, etc.) or for visiting isolated villages. Indeed, the close relationships that our teams have been able to build with the local communities will enable you to share the life and ancestral customs of these peoples for a few hours. The naturalist guides also supervise snorkelling tours to discover the coral reef fauna. On board, the naturalist guides will share their knowledge during various conferences on fauna, the history of the great explorations, geology and climatology…
Flight Paris/Praia + transfer
For your serenity, PONANT selects a flight and organizes the transfers between the airport and the port. This package is included in your cruise fare.
Embarkation Day – Paris / Praia
Flight Paris/Praia selected by PONANT.
Approximate flight duration: 06h00.
It is highly recommended to arrive in Paris the day before this flight.
Meet and greet at Praia airport.
Transfer to the pier for embarkation.
– Cruise on board your ship –
Your programme includes:
- Flight Paris / Praia selected by PONANT in economy class.
- Transfer airport / pier.
Your programme does not include:
- Personal expenses.
- Other services not mentioned in the programme.
- Flight included in the programme is, as of today, operated in economy class.
- For passengers in transit in Paris, we recommend staying one night in Paris before this flight to ensure your connecting flights.
- Package is subject to availability.
- This programme is subject to change.
- Citizens of the European Union and United Kingdom must complete a pre-registration form by following the instructions detailed on www.ease.gov.cv. This formality is mandatory but free of charge and must be completed at least 7 days prior to your cruise. On the same platform you will have to pay the new airport security tax (3,400 Cape Verde Escudos / approximately 31€). Passengers of other nationalities must proceed with the same formalities, however the pre-registration is not free of charge.
To know your PONANT flight schedule, please contact your travel agent; it is also indicated on your electronic ticket included in your travel documents. Passengers must check in at least two hours before flight departure time.
Expedition programmes include activities such as Zodiac® outings and landings (sometimes with "wet landings"), moderate walks to more active hikes, all accompanied by your expedition team of naturalist guides.
Ports of call, visited sites, outings and landings will depend on weather conditions, winds and the state of the sea. These can force a change of plans at any time. The Captain and the Expedition Leader may at any time cancel or stop any activity, or even modify the itinerary. The final itinerary will be confirmed by the Captain, who will take into account the touristic quality of the sites and above all, the safety of the passengers. His decision will be based on advice from experts and authorities.
Travelling to isolated regions is an exhilarating experience. In remote areas, please remember that you are far from modern hospitals with full medical facilities, thus evacuation is extremely expensive. Without adequate medical coverage, all expenses will have to be immediately paid with your personal funds. We urge you to subscribe to full coverage insurance, choose your insurance company very carefully, be extremely vigilant and ensure your insurance is fully comprehensive, especially if you are insured by your credit card. PONANT offers an insurance contract with extensive guarantees, please contact us for more information.
- Cotton comfortable and light-weight shorts/bermuda shorts
- Light weight long trousers
- Long-sleeved breathable SPF50+ shirts
- Cotton short sleeved T-shirt
- Aquatic UV long-sleeved T-shirt for sun protection during snorkeling or swimming
- Aquatic non-slip sandals
- Windproof, waterproof and breathable outer layer
- Broad brimmed anti-UV hat with strap and veil to protect the neck
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Highly protective sunglasses.
- Sunscreen and after-sun with high SPF index & insect repellent
- Binoculars (strongly recommended for wildlife viewing).
- Small waterproof backpack (to protect your camera from water).
- Camelbak (backpack with water pockets)
- Walking poles (highly recommended).
During your visits to some local communities, all guests will be required to dress respectfully. Ladies must have their shoulders and thighs covered. Gentlemen should have their shoulders covered also.
Do not hesitate to visit the online PONANT store which offers a selection of equipment and accessories adapted to our destinations, at the following address: https://boutique.ponant.com
Benefits of the PONANT store:
- Advice on equipment from our experts to help you prepare for your polar expedition
- A wide range of technical equipment for polar expeditions, approved by our experts
- Two delivery options: delivery to your home or directly to your cabin on board the ship
- Duty Free shopping for cabin delivered items