Ocean Voyage: Marseille - Praia
* Subject to availability.
Staterooms & Suites
There are no staterooms available for booking. Please contact our cruise advisors.
Mythical destinations and secret ports of call only accessible to small capacity yachts. Ponant’s signature are Frenchstyle cuisine in a welcoming and intimate environment, discreet yet attentive service where no attention to detail is spared, unforgettable moments of relaxation aboard elegant French flag yachts of character. A sophisticated yet friendly atmosphere, in which, emotions, discovery and the quest for authenticity all take priority. Experience cruising in a different way and discover the magic of « Yacht Cruising ».
Given her size, shallow draft and a design that is very open to the sea (large sundeck, outdoor restaurant, easy access to the sea for swimming from her marina), Le Ponant, PONANT’s symbolic flagship gives passengers the feeling they are on a private yacht. The 32 staterooms all have a port hole and are tastefully decorated in a harmony of blues and whites. Two comfortable lounges and two restaurants complete the intimate spaces on this beautiful yacht.
Port of call & excursions
MarseilleEmbarkation 08/11/2017 from 16H00 to 17H00 . Departure 08/11/2017 at 18H00 .
Marseille is France’s oldest port, bordering the Mediterranean Calanques since the 7th century B.C. In the Old Port, you will be able to walk in the places once founded by the Greeks. It is overlooked by Notre-Dame-de-la-Garde Basilica, with its stunning Neo-Byzantine architecture. Near the quays, you will be attracted to the lively place de Lenche that today stands on the ancient agora. The square is teeming with cafés where you can offer yourself a royal moment of relaxation. Here, you are just a stone’s throw from the Panier district, where you can melt into a maze of colourful houses.
9 November 2017▸17 November 2017 – At sea aboard Le PonantArrival 09/11/2017. Departure 17/11/2017.
During your day at sea on board Le Ponant, make the most of your free time and the comfort of your ship for a moment of rest or conviviality. If the weather is right, let yourself be tempted by a spot of sunbathing. This day without a port of call will also be an opportunity to do some shopping in the boutique and share the highlights of your cruise with the other passengers. As for lovers of the open sea, they will be able to visit the ship’s upper deck to admire the spectacle of the waves and perhaps be lucky enough to observer marine species. A truly enchanted interlude, combining relaxation, sharing and the pleasure of sailing on a yacht.
PraiaDisembarkation 18/11/2017 at 12H00 .
The capital of Cape Verde, Praia, is located on the southern tip of Santiago island. You can dally in the districts planted with Tamarind and Albizia trees. . Above the harbour, the statue of Diogo Gomes pays homage to the man who discovered Cape Verde in 1460. A few streets away, in the old centre, the Ethnographic Museum presents the diversity of the archipelago’s cultural origins. Its historical building with transom windows is one of the city’s more unusual curiosities.
The information below is current but subject to change at any time without advance notice from government authorities. Please consult your respective government agencies for visa and health information.
Passport valid for at least six (6) months beyond the completion of your trip. Passport must contain at least two completely clear, blank, unused visa pages for each visa required, not including any amendment pages. Visa pages with stains or ink from other pages in the passport are not usable. Guests who deviate from the scheduled embarkation or disembarkation port should research the foreign entry requirements for the port country. Due to government regulations, regrettably, Ponant will have to deny boarding to any guest who fails to obtain the appropriate travel documentation for this trip.
We remind you that all our ships, with the exception of Le Ponant, have a doctor on board and medical facilities. However, these cannot, under any circumstances, be compared to any medical structure on land. Given the remote areas in which we will be sailing for a number of days, safety requirements mean that we are obliged to ask each passenger signing up for this program to provide us, no more than 45 days before departure, with a medical certificate from their GP, as well as the completed medical questionnaire received during registration.
Cabo Verde: visa delivered and charged onboard (30€ subject to change).
- During these voyages, we are offering you an entirely sea-based crossing, there are no ports of call (except possibly for technical reasons), nor any onboard entertainment or speakers, and no transfers provided. Likewise, the catering is less elaborate than for other cruises. Although no entertainment is organized, you are free to discover what life is like aboard our ships by spending time with the crew who will be happy to share their experiences with you.
- To facilitate embarkation, we suggest that you spend the night before departure in the city that your ship leaves from. Similarly, on the day of disembarkation we advise you to reserve a flight that leaves at the end of that day or the day after your arrival.
- All administrative information is given for information only. Regarding health regulations and advice, you need to contact your doctor.
- We remind you that all our ships, with the exception of Le Ponant, have a doctor on board and medical facilities. However, these cannot, under any circumstances, be compared to any medical structure on land. Given the remote areas in which we will be sailing for a number of days, safety requirements mean that we are obliged to ask each passenger signing up for this program to provide us, no more than 45 days before departure, with a medical certificate from their GP, as well as the completed medical questionnaire received during registration.
- These cruises depend on there being a minimum number of passengers. Your voyage will therefore be reconfirmed 45 days prior to your departure at the latest.