World Affairs Cruise
* Subject to availability.
Our World Affairs programs provide expert insight into contemporary issues that affect our lives and the lives of our children and grandchildren. These voyages are accompanied by men and women – statesmen, ambassadors and generals – who have shaped the modern world through their words and deeds. As we travel into the past and engage with its legacy, we will also attend to the present, engaging with our guest experts on the current state of international relations and on the prospects for the future.
• A program of lectures by men deeply involved in the contemporary world as commentators and critics and as actors on the main stage.
• Opportunities to share meals and informal conversations with Fareed Zakaria, Daniel Mendelsohn, and Michael Hayden throughout the voyage
• Specially curated optional excursions to iconic ancient sites, including Olympia, Delphi, and Mycenae
Staterooms & Suites
There are no staterooms available for booking. Please contact our cruise advisors.
Featuring innovative and environmentally-friendly equipment, elegantly designed staterooms, spacious suites with large windows, and lounge areas that open onto the outside, this new limited-capacity yacht boasting just 92 staterooms and suites will offer you a truly unique cruising experience.
As the third ship in a new series that remains true to the Ponant spirit, Le Bougainville will embody the unique atmosphere that is the cruise line’s hallmark: a subtle blend of refinement, intimacy and comfort.
Aboard this ship that flies the French flag, you will experience the incomparable pleasure of an intimate cruise, with the possibility of exploring an ever-increasing range of destinations in an ethnic-chic ambiance with luxury service.
Experience a luxurious setting where the accent is on authenticity and passion for travel.
Port of call & excursions
Quintessential Collection included cruise package
Your Quintessential World Affairs Theme
Thursday, October 10
You will be met at the airport and transferred to the Grand Hotel Excelsior, or similar, a premier destination among 5-star Valletta hotels, ideally located on the doorstep of a UNESCO World Heritage Site – the City of Valletta, with all its major attractions, culture, art treasures, and historical architectural gems.
The afternoon is free to rest and enjoy the amenities of the hotel or to explore Valletta on your own. In the evening, gather with fellow travelers for a Welcome Reception at the hotel, where our guest experts and our Tour Manager will introduce you to the program ahead.
Friday, October 11
The Knights of St. John of Jerusalem, later the Knights of Malta, established a base at Valetta in the 16th century under the auspices of Charles V, and the city owes much of its charm and character to this religious order. After breakfast at the hotel, we explore the National Museum of Archaeology. A short drive takes us to the remarkable Tarxien Temples, which date back to 2800 BCE, and then on to Hagar Qim, an even older temple that stands atop a hill on the southern edge of the island overlooking the sea. In late afternoon, we transfer to the pier to embark Le Bougainville and set sail for Sicily.
Friday, October 18
After breakfast aboard, disembark Le Bougainville and transfer to the airport in Athens.
Grand Hotel Excelsior is a premier destination among 5-star Valletta hotels, ideally located on the doorstep of a UNESCO World Heritage Site – the City of Valletta, with all its major attractions, culture, art treasures, and historical architectural gems.
• All accommodations, meals, and excursion described above
• Transfers and luggage handling from the Malta airport to the hotel and from hotel to the ship
• Gratuities to guides and drivers on included excursions
• Comprehensive 7-night cruise aboard the deluxe Le Bougainville, with all the amenities for which Ponant ships are famous.
• Transfer from Piraeus to the Athens airport at the end of the cruise.
• Meals and beverages other than those specified above
• Optional excursions
• Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, Internet, etc.)
This voyage is offered on a space available basis.
Program is subject to change without notice.