When you choose a PONANT ‘Expedition’ cruise, you are choosing comfort, refinement and discovery. Irrespective of the destination, from the icy poles to the great Amazonian rivers, the remote lagoons of the Pacific or the jungle of Borneo, PONANT takes you off the beaten track, as close as possible to nature and far from maritime route.
A 5-Star Expedition with PONANT means:
- More than 15 years of expertise in the Polar Regions.
- A fleet of 4 luxury yachts designed for extreme regions whose smaller size allows them to bring guests ashore at the most exceptional sites which other ships are unable to reach.
- Expedition itineraries characterised by flexibility at all times: Our Captains and Expedition Leaders can make unscheduled stops to let guest enjoy the surprises of nature.
- Itineraries are renewed and updated each year.
- Expedition teams made up of enthusiastic experts and scientists.
- Constant respect for the environment, from the design of our yachts to our shore visits
- And always the quality, service and comfort on which PONANT has built its reputation, regardless of the destination.
Discover all our expedition cruises here.
Nicolas DUBREUIL - Expedition leader
Organizer of numerous expeditions in all the circumpolar countries, White Sea specialist and passionate about the local people, Nicolas has traversed the Arctic from the Greenland icecap to Prince William Bay in Alaska using traditional Inuit methods. This renowned specialist accompanies our polar cruises since 2005.
Mick FOGG - Expedition leader
As an award-winning wildlife photographer and adventurer, Mick FOGG has spent 17 years scouting and developing new itineraries, leading expeditions and photographing some of the world’s most remote and spectacular destinations from Antarctica to South East Asia. Mick joined PONANT in 2014 to guide expedition cruises in the Asia Pacific region.
José SARICA - Naturalist-lecturer
From an early age protecting nature has been a true vocation for José. With a PhD in Marine Biology, this marine mammal enthusiast is regularly published in international scientific journals. He has been the cetology expert on our polar cruises since 2009.
Sylvain MAHUZIER - Naturalist-lecturer
Introduced to ornithology by his grandfather, the adventurer, film-maker and writer Albert Mahuzier, Sylvain has contributed to numerous books on nature. A member of France’s bird protection society, the LPO (Ligue pour la Protection des Oiseaux) and passionate about marine mammals, he tirelessly roams the Arctic and Antarctic.
Alain BIDART - Naturalist-lecturer
Fascinated by the polar territories and wildlife, Alain is part of the team at the International Polar Foundation. Having participated in numerous educational projects and expeditions to the Antarctic, he shares his knowledge of wildlife at the South Pole, birds being his speciality, with our passengers. A wildlife photographer, he also helps them achieve some outstanding photos.